ROCK RIVER ROCKIES NATURAL HORSEMANSHIP
NATURAL HORSEMANSHIP TRAINING
* Natural Horsemanship Training For All Ages: Newborns, Weanlings, Yearlings, Two-Year Olds Or The Adult Horse.
* OUR TRAINING STARTS AT BIRTH WITH IMPRINTING *
We start at birth or as soon as possible desensitizing with towel drying, hair dryer, clippers, plastic bags, spray bottles. We work on the entire body including girth, legs, feet, nose and ears. We desensitiz with each object and we continue until there is no stuggle and the foal is submissive. We don't take away stimulus until the foal is relaxed, and we then repeat the process again within 12 hours.
Within a week we continue training with sensitizing teaching the foal to move from pressure. We also teach the foal to yield to you by applying steady hand pressure to move back and stay out of your space. We start introducing them to lead with the halter as well.
We feel that desensitizing and sensitizing must have a balance. Without sensitizing your foal and only desensitizing the foal can become aggressive and disrespectful.
Although these training methods can be applied at any age, the younger horse has a faster learning curve. It will save many hours of training in the future. A foals first day of life is most impressionable. Young foals are very inquisitive.
* Goals For Our First Year Are
* Halter Broke To Lead And Tie
* Groomed And Handled Daily
* Trailer Loading
* Comfortabe With Hoof And Leg Handling
* Familiar With Voice Comands
* Trained Using Natural Horsemanship
* Exposed To Trail Riding
* SEE OUR TRAINING VIDEO'S IN OUR LIBRARY -CLICK HERE